REACH TRUCK FORKLIFT TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
The Reach Truck (Narrow Aisle) Forklift safety course from Safety First Training is an OHSA based program that teaches pre-operation forklift inspection, safe operator requirements, proper forklift load handling, operating and moving the machine and hazard avoidance. Training offered across Ontario with a focus on Mississauga and Toronto. We also offer Train the Trainer courses for Reach Forklifts.
Note – we do not provide public sessions for individuals
Want to take the Online course instead?View Online Course
This Reach Forklift course is designed using parameters set out by:
- CSA Standard B335-15 – The CSA Safety Standard for Lift Trucks (B335-15) identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements needed by lift truck operators. The practical evaluation requires lift truck operators to demonstrate competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, REGULATION 851. INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS as it pertains to lift truck safety.
- Reach Forklift Training Course Introduction
- Related Government legislation
- Reach Forklift Safety Video
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks
- Pre-operational checks
- Inspection, maintenance, and records
- Lift capacity and load limitations
- Fuel safety for both electric and propane equipment
- Safe operating procedures
Counterbalance (Electric or Propane)
- Two types of Counterbalances, Electric and Propane
- Counterbalances are also commonly referred to as “forklift” or “lift truck”
- There are attachments that can be used to make your work easier, but you do need to be trained on how to use them
Narrow Aisle Reach
- Has a “deadman” pedal for easy breaking
- Depending on the make, a narrow aisle reach can carry up to 4500 lbs
- Depending on the make, a narrow aisle reach can go as high as 30.5 feet up
- You stand upright to operate and its primary function is pulling & placing products on racks.
- hey are designed to work in narrow spaces as well as in-between racking that are spaced closer together.
- Requires different training from the Narrow Aisle Reach in order to operate it
- Designed to maximize storage density
- Depending on the make you can get tripe your storage capacity using a swing reach
- Commonly referred to as a Reach Truck but the two have different operating systems
- Made in two versions, a sit down and a stand up
- Some models have an increased load capacity of 3000 to 5000 lbs.
- Also known as a pallet jack
- Easy to maneuver and quick to respond to commands
- Great for low level order picking
- Order pickers are used to make the picking process as easy as possible for the operator
- There are 3 different levels of order pickers: low, medium and high
- Order pickers are sometimes referred to as a cherry picker
High Capacity Forklift
- Depending on the model, lifting capacities range from 19000 to 105821 lbs
- Different front end carriages available
- A high capacity forklift makes light work of a heavy load
- Designed for outdoor use in rough terrain
- Depending on the make, the lift capacity is anywhere from 3000 lbs to 46000 lbs
- Can also be used with attachments
Click here to watch a general safety video on Reach Forklifts.
The course duration is up to 8 hours, depending on experience level.
A passing grade of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF wall certification and PDF wallet card for their records.