Among material handling equipment, forklifts are the most important. Forklifts are found in most industries that require loads to be moved around warehouses and work sites.
This online Stand-Up Forklifts course covers the anatomy, operation, inspection, and hazards of powered industrial trucks, also known as fork trucks, lift forks, or forklifts.
I-CAB Recognized Course
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
Online Course Topics
- Different types of forklifts and their anatomy
- Why it’s important to conduct a thorough pre-use inspection each day
- Forklift stability and the importance of knowing the machine’s capacity
- Safe operating and load-handling principles
- Battery care including proper procedures for charging and changing industrial batteries
- The six most common hazards associated with forklift operation
Approximately 90 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online Stand-Up Forklifts course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants can repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.