This online Commercial Vehicle Driversâ€™ Hours of Service course covers Canadaâ€™s Federal Hours of Service regulations. It is intended to help drivers and carriers understand and increase their compliance with the regulations.
Online Course Topics
- The history of Federal Hours of Service legislation
- The human body clock and fatigue
- When driving is prohibited
- Which vehicles the regulations apply to and which are exempt
- Logbooks and daily duty status categories
- On-duty limits and off-duty requirements
- Sleeper berth requirements
- Cycles, cycle limits, cycle resets, and cycle switching
- Special permits for various vehicles
- Exemptions for emergencies or adverse driving conditions
- Out-of-service declarations
Approximately 4 hours
Testing conducted throughout this online Commercial Vehicle Driversâ€™ Hours of Service course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Appleâ€™s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.