SCISSOR LIFT/AERIAL LIFT TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
The Scissor Lift/Aerial Lift Training & Certification course from Safety First Training is an OHSA based program that teaches about the different types of scissor lifts, pre-operation inspection, safe operation requirements including setup, operating and moving the machine and hazard avoidance. Training is offered around Southern Ontario including Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge. We also offer Train the Trainer courses for Scissor Lifts.
Note – we do not provide public sessions for individuals
Want to take the Online course instead?View Online Course
Scissor Lift/Aerial Lift Training & Certification
This course is designed using parameters set out by:
- CSA Standard B335-15 – The CSA Safety Standard for Lift Trucks (B335-15) identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements needed by lift truck operators. The practical evaluation requires lift truck operators to demonstrate competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, REGULATION 851. INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS as it pertains to lift truck safety.
- Scissor Lift/Aerial Lift/Elevated Work Platform (EWP) Training & Certification Course Introduction
- Related Government legislation
- Scissor Lift Safety Video
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks
- Pre-operational checks
- Inspection, maintenance, and records
- Lift capacity and load limitations
- Fuel safety for both electric and propane equipment
- Safe operating procedures
Scissor lifts and aerial lifts are essential pieces of equipment for many industries in Ontario, such as construction, maintenance, and warehousing. While these machines can be very useful, they can also be dangerous if not used properly. That’s why it’s crucial to receive proper scissor lift and aerial lift training in Ontario.
Train the Trainer – Scissor Lift: Elevated Work Platform (EWP)
Our professional Train the Trainer certification course for Scissor Lift (EWP) allow our clients to learn how to teach OHSA based courses directly to their employees. When individuals or groups of employees need safety training, these train the trainer programs can be more cost effective than hiring outside training companies. We will train you to be an effective Scissor Lift safety trainer for your company.
Our Train the Trainer Course Package include:
- Professional Teaching Guide
- Participant Course Handout
- Evaluation Forms
- Wall Certificate template
- Instructor Course Presentation
- Course Test and Answer Key
- Course Video Supplement
- Wallet Card template
Aerial Lift Training Facts:
- Also known as an aerial work platform or SkyJack, elevating work platform or mobile elevating work platform
- Generally used for general maintenance
- Usually capable of being set up and operated by a single person
Aerial Lift (Genie Boom)
- Also known as a Telescopic boom
- Perfect for areas with limited access in construction and industrial applications
- Easy to adjust drive speed
- A bucket truck is used for lifting and lowering workers to places that are too tall for ladders
- Some are designed with a single or double arm boom
- Can be constructed of wood, fiberglass, metal or reinforced plastic
Safety – Always!
- Work in compliance with your provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Read and follow your employer’s procedures for Health and Safety
- Read and follow any equipment Operator’s and Manufacturer’s Manual
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to equipment lifting capacity information and warning signs
- Conduct pre-shift inspections, pre-start up inspections, visual inspections
- Report the absence or defect in any equipment or protective device
- Test all equipment functions to ensure proper working condition
- Avoid hazardous situations, steep slopes, grades and drop offs
- Use the equipment for what is was intended and designed for
- Ensure you are properly trained and authorized to use the equipment
Click here to watch a Scissor Lift safety video from JLG
Up to 6 hours, depending on participants’ experience levels
A passing grade of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF wall certificate and PDF wallet card for their records
Contact us today to learn more about the course and the topics covered.